Message from Head Teacher and NHS Lothian
We are aware of a person in the school who has tested positive for COVID-19. We understand this is a worrying time but would like to reassure you that we are working closely with NHS Lothian Health Protection Team and following all national guidance.
Persons are currently being contacted because they may have been in close and sustained contact with the case and will need to self-isolate and asked to have a test for COVID-19. They will be given appropriate guidance and advice.
An update via email will be sent to you as soon as the tracking and tracing process is complete. If there are any further cases of COVID-19 in the school, we will ensure these individuals, and any of their close contacts, are advised to self-isolate promptly.
If you have not been contacted and your child remains well, you should continue to follow the school’s existing arrangements for your child.
Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures are in place in line with national guidance. The school is safe and remains open.
If you have any concerns in the meantime, or if you need to book a COVID-19 test because your child has developed symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste) please visit the NHS Inform website http://www.nhsinform.scot or for non-clinical advice call 0800 028 2816.
Please note that a test should only be booked if you or your child has these specifics symptoms.
Remember to stay at home if anyone in the household has symptoms of COVID-19.
For further information you may find this FAQs useful https://www.nhslothian.scot/Coronavirus/Parents/Schools/Pages/default.aspx
We have changed our front page to provide access to numbers of organisations that can help just now:
Home & Family
- Edinburgh Council https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/welfare-reform/food-clothing-bank/1
- Citizens Advice Edinburgh https://www.citizensadviceedinburgh.org.uk/
- Warm Home Discount Scheme gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme
- NSPCC helpline 08088005000 https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
- Action For Children https://www.actionforchildren.org.uk/
- Women’s Aid 0131 3158110 https://edinwomensaid.co.uk/
House & Home
- Shelter Scotland 0808 8000444 http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/advice_topics/finding_a_place_to_live/housing_if_you_have_special_requirements/housing_support
- Home Start 0131 281 0879
Health & Wellbeing
- Covid-19 Helpline 0800 028 2816
- Edinburgh Alcohol& Drug Partnership http://www.edinburghadp.co.uk/
- Alcoholics Anonymous 24 hour helpline 0845 769 755
- Narcotics Anonymous 0300 999 1212
- Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 https://breathingspace.scot/
- Scottish Government https://clearyourhead.scot/
- Samaritans 0845 790 9090 https://www.samaritans.org/?nation=scotland
- Scottish Association for Mental Health https://www.samh.org.uk/
- Place to Be place2be.org.uk/page/get-urgent-help/#
- Citizens Advice Bureau 0131 510 5510
- Edinburgh Credit Union https://www.capitalcreditunion.com/
- Scottish Welfare Fund edinburgh.gov.uk/benefits-grants/scottish-welfare-fund/3
- Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Childline 0800 1111
- Staying Safe Online childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/online-mobile-safety/staying-safe-online/